Thursday, September 1, 2011

"Joyfear"


This great post from one of my favorite blogs, Be More With Less, really hit me today. It perfectly describes my state of mind right now concerning my upcoming cross-country move...and just about everything else in my life! I am the queen of preparing, of getting ready, and of planning. For me there is so much more fun in the anticipation of an event than the event itself. What really struck me was this: "When you are doing something that you aren’t completely prepared for, but know you will be really good at, you will feel joy fear. Embrace it." I am so excited for this move, but so fearful at the same time. I feel as if there are so many great, wonderful, exciting things to experience just around the bend - I need to stop preparing (or procrastinating) and just take the leap!

No comments:

Post a Comment